Monday, February 06, 2006

Beach Poems


Seaside
Sand in the sandwiches,
Sand in the tea,
Flat, wet sand running
Down to the sea.
Pools full of seaweed,
Shells and stones,
Damp bathing suits
And ice-cream cones.
Waves pouring in
To a sand-castle moat.
Mend the defenses!
Now we're afloat!
Water's for splashing,
Sand is for play.
A day by the sea
Is the best kind of day.
by Shirly Hughes

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Come to the Beach
Come to the beach.
Come to play in the sun.
Come to splash in the water.
Come to have fun!
author unknown
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sand
Sand in my swimsuit,
Sand in my hair,
When I go to the beach
Sand gets everywhere!
I wonder, I wonder,
Oh, how can there be
Sand left at the beach
When there's so much on me?
by Helen H. Moore
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A Wave
I sat on the beach and a beautiful wave
Came tumbling right up to me.
It threw some pink shells on the sand at my feet,
Then hurried straight back out to sea.
It ran away swiftly and leaped up in foam;
It bumped other waves in its glee.
I think it was hurrying to gather more shells,
To bring as a present for me.
by Gussie Osborne
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A Sand Witch for a Sandwich
I walked the beach on a sunny day
And soon found a shell with which to play.
I made a castle, I made a moat,
I poured in water to sail my boat.
I made a farm and a racetrack, too,
And then a figure that sort of grew
Taller and taller as I piled more sand.
Then I shaped a face with one wet hand.
Oh, what a face—with an ugly beak
And a tall, tall hat that came to a peak!
I looked with pride at my ugly witch,
While all around I dug a ditch.
To keep her safe from the incoming tide,
I dug it deep on every side.
The waves rolled in and then slid back.
I waited for their we attack.
One little wave crept up the beach,
But my sand witch it could not reach.
One, two, three waves filled the ditch.
Another wave took a nip at the witch.
A whitecap pushed with all his might
And ate that witch in one big bite!
I laughed as the water swished round my feet,
For sandwiches are made to eat!
by Emily Sweeney

2 Comments:

Blogger Gwenyth said...

I LOVE those poems!! Beach poems are so awesome!! The pic is pretty neat too!! Well, I'll ttyl!

lylab,
Gwen

8:23 PM  
Blogger >>>taylorrrrdangerrr. said...

Coooool Dude!!! LOL JK But really those are cool.

later,
Shelby

4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home