Tuesday, August 02, 2005

"Sea Fever" by John Masefield



I must down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by,
And the wheel's kick, and the wind's song and the white sail's shaking,
And a gray mist on the sea's face, and a grey dawn breaking.
I must down to the seas again, for the call of the of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call which may not be denied.
And all I ask is a windy day with white clouds flying,
And flung spray and blown spume, and the seagulls crying.
I must down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life,
To the gull's way, and the whale's way, Where the wind's like a whetted knife.
And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow rover,
And a quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick's over.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gwenyth said...

Great poem Jacob!

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ugh...someone beat me to it!! *Sniffles* lol jK! awesome peom!! you prolly think im writtin an novel but im not. lol you still havent commented me....*sniffles* im sad....jk but i need a comment...im lonely without a comment...LOL! k ttyl! luv ya bro! bye byes!

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jacob, totally awesome poem! u have alot of great talents! Never loose Faith in urself and always keep God with you!

!!Coolness!!
!~Jennifer!~

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey jacob! what's up? nmh! just hangin out...watchin the notebook...have you seen it? its an AWESOME movie! welp! just wanted to say HEY! ttyl! lylab! thanks for the comment!!! it made my day!! lol! do it more OFTEN!! haha! okie dokes! bye byes!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Yasha said...

Thanx everybody! I am glad that you are exploring my website! Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I have been gone to the OCEAN!! YAYS!! But anyways. lol. Thanks and God bless!

Always in Christ,

Aidan

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home